1.11.2013

Under the Same Stars

under the same stars under the same stars detail4 under the same stars detail2 under the same stars detail3 under the same stars detail

It's certainly a counter-intuitive thought, but I have the feeling that being physically separated from so many people I love somehow has freed me up to learn how to be closer to them in spirit. I dream sometimes of my friends and family, even of people I haven't spoken to in years (and sometimes of people I've never even met) and when I wake up the sweet fellowship lingers as if we truly just had been spending time together in the same room. 

Any kind of separation is just terrible, of course. But I'm trying to think of it this way: what a precious opportunity to learn a limitless kind of love--a love that knows not the boundaries of time and space--and to feel in the depths of your heart that we are so much more connected to one another than we think. 

I'm finally sharing the finished version of this piece that I shared as a work-in-progress here. Something about the colors and the composition soothe my soul--I am so happy with it, and will be adding prints to my Etsy shop soon!

Sharing with Studio JRU and Paint Party Friday

25 comments:

  1. Love IT ! you have a wonderful colorful and lively artistic talent
    keep it up and look forward to hearing about your etsy shop
    I just opened mine back up but no views yet
    it takes awhile I guess
    -KAT-

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love, love, love it!!
    Woo-hoo!! :)
    ♥♥♥
    Happy PPF!!
    Mary
    Mixed-Media Map Art

    ReplyDelete
  3. It definitely is soothing and happy at the same time. Wonderful piece of work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. being away from those we love and cherish...not easy.
    thank you for stopping by. i love, love, love your style!! so fresh!
    now off to check out the rest of your blog! have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful collage Sadee. Happy PPF, Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so very beautiful Sadee.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So beautiful! I love all the close up shots that show the detail.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the movement in your beautiful piece!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  9. love your textures, again...and your flowers they made me smile, popping over from South Africa via sneak peek friday...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful mixed media art work. I love vintage maps and often incorporate them into my art as part of the background or a collage element. Love it! Happy PPF

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is absolutely beautiful! Your work is inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sadee this is very beautiful. Love it so much!

    ReplyDelete
  13. this is a really beautiful piece-it really feels so connected, and I love the sparkling heart! Happy PPF

    ReplyDelete
  14. your art is so beautiful. I am truly impressed. I love your post as well. Thank you so much for sharing. It was very inspiring for me to visit your blog

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is beautiful, Sadee! I love the sweet heart in the sky. 'A limitless kind of love'... yes, oh yes! xo

    ReplyDelete
  16. It is very kool and I like your outlook about being with our loved ones who are far away! Anyway!! HPPF!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is so beautiful! I love the map. I'm a sucker for maps.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh I just love this! HappyPPF!

    ReplyDelete
  19. The colors you use are so wonderful! Really fun whimsical work and I'm also a sucker for maps!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting my portfolio! I need to keep making those trees and stop the teddy bear madness! I'm obsessed with drawing teddy bears right now. SO SO silly!!

      Delete
  20. I can't help feeling brighter just looking at it! So beautiful and full of dreaminess. :)
    Catherine Denton

    ReplyDelete
  21. Stunning! I love the colors together! I wish I knew how to do this. Is it like Eric Carle's work? Paint different papers then use them to cut out your shapes? Makes me want to play in the paints and pencils.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Ph my! Your pice is absolutely GORGEOUS!! Love it!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for being kind with your words and generous with your time!