1.31.2013

Spring is in the Air

bunny

Early this morning, the sky was clear, the sun was shining and the wind was whipping around a fresh and invigorating sense that Spring is on the way!

We've been experiencing almost non-stop downpours lately in Hamburg, so I couldn't believe the gorgeous morning we had and I took myself for a little walk in the woods after dropping the girls off at Kindergarten. A big, goofy grin spread across my face as I squinted into the sun as it appeared between the canopy of branches overhead, and my nose wasn't a bit cold, for once! Of course, the high winds blew in more storm clouds and it rained again for the rest of the day, but my light heart stayed with me nonetheless--especially with this cute furry guy hopping across my worktable.

I will spend the day on Friday drawing him a little frame of strawberry leaves and a couple of the ripe red beauties themselves--as long as he continues to be a good little bunny. Happy weekend, friends!

16 comments:

  1. It's stunning, Sadee. I'm happy you had a beautiful morning to bask in!
    Catherine Denton

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore your rabbit Sadee, so beautiful. Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This bunny made me smile. Thank you for the happy thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh he is absolutely awsome. ! A true indication spring is coming. Happy PPF !

    ReplyDelete
  5. I sensed spring too this morning, when I went to the market and to my first "artist date". (About 200 km north of Hamburg)
    The rabbit made me think of "Watership Down". A beautiful creature!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your little Rabbit is so adorable ~ love your art style ~

    Carol of A Creative Harbor ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  7. You've captured both wistfulness and perhaps a bit of apprehension in the expression of this bunny. Wonderful work and I'm so glad to find your blog. It's very inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your rabbit is so sweet and makes me want Spring to get here so much faster! HPPF!

    ReplyDelete
  9. We're having a day like that here, too, so I know just what you're feeling. Your bunny is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful bunny painting!! :)
    ♥♥♥
    Happy PPF!!
    Mary
    Mixed-Media Map Art

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can't wait to see him finished and so glad you got that little glimpse of fine weather... you only need a glimpse to change your whole mood don't you...xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Adorable bunny....still winter here!! Spring is always so beautiful!!
    Happy ppf!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  13. So cute...and the strawberries sound like the perfect finishing touch! can't wait for your finish, and for Spring!

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's always a wonderful surprise when the weather changes. Love the painting. He's so cute. Blessings, Janet PPF

    ReplyDelete
  15. That is the cutest bunny I have ever seen. I adore your work!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for being kind with your words and generous with your time!