1.04.2013

Just Goofin' Around and Coming "Back to Life"

E with moustache P with moustache

Just goofin' around--this is the way we ring in the new year at the Schilling Place! 


We discovered this musical gem too: "Back to Life," the new single from Esther Sparks and the Whiskey Remedy (friends of my friend in Colorado who did an amazing photo-shoot of the band!) While watching this music video, I remembered these funny little moustached faces from a couple of days ago. Watch it and you'll see why--the video is so fun and lighthearted; the song itself is bright and quietly powerful--full of hope to recover from loss and beat any and all odds in 2013!  Please share it if you love it!

And in case you were wondering, I have been painting and my sneak peeks on Fridays are coming back too. Here are a couple of teasers--just another broken heart, pieced back to life again. I don't this subject will ever grow tiresome to me.

meautiful mess heart detail beautiful mess heart

I'll meet you here again next week to share some more. Happy weekend, friends!


Sharing with Studio JRU and Paint Party Friday


14 comments:

  1. I did love the song, made me smile when I watched the video! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. those shining little hairy faces made my Saturday morning... and the video was awseome too... and so glad you are back on line and painting and we get those teasing sneak peeks again...xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. The kiddies look great in their tashes and look forward to seeing more of your new creation. Happy PPF, Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderfully inspiring post of family and artwork!!
    ♥♥♥
    Happy PPF!!
    Mary
    Mixed-Media Map Art

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such lovely hearts you create! Loved the video and the moustaches!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun fun post and your little girl is a cutie. Happy PPF from across the pond.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love those stashes on the girls. So cute! Nice to get glimpses of what's to come. Oh.. and loved your crowned tree. Happy PPF

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great details, love the mustaches! Happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your sneak peeks and your sweet mustached girls! It may be that the mended heart is meant to be your signature piece ~ your voice, so to speak. That seems suiting. :)
    Catherine Denton

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fun video! :) Love the sneak peeks. Can not wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the fun you had with your lovely daughters! Your artwork has a homey touch. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Sadee, A blessed new year to you! How cute is that!?
    Dropped by because you won my weekly ATC this week. Send me your snail mail address and I'll send it off to you. I kind of like the idea of one of my ATCs flying off to Germany!

    Patsy from
    HeARTworks

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for being kind with your words and generous with your time!