11.09.2012

Watercolor and Collage in my Dreams

violet grunge rose chevron map collage violet grunge rose2 chevron map collage

Like I mentioned last week, using the chevron pattern is getting addicting for me! Tedious, yes, but I love detail work like this. I totally get lost in it. Can't wait to complete this pieces--actually, these photos are of elements from two of the four different pieces I'm right in the middle of working on right now. Do you remember these elements from the papers in this post?

My dreams of late consist of me playing with watercolor, cutting paper and arranging it on canvas--really! I had to get out of bed late one night because try as I may, I just couldn't sleep until I finished that rose. And as much as I seek peace and rest and living for this moment, wondering about the future, about whether or not my art is actually going somewhere, still sometimes keeps me up at night too. But every time I begin to worry, in my heart I distinctly hear the words, "just do the work." Which I think is great news! For what felt like a long time, my heart was telling me to "rest." So now I'm trying just to focus on doing the work and loving it.

I'd love to know: what does your heart tell you to do to fight back against worry? 

Wishing you a happy and creative weekend!


Linking with Studio JRU and Paint Party Friday.

21 comments:

  1. Your work is beautiful! I love the colors and patterns.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see this when it's done. Your color sense is just fantastic. Happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such an awesome idea! I admire your patience and tenacity as this would be very detailed work and your results are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is gorgeous - so detailed but I can see how you would get lost in the process. I try to stay positive when I start to worry by sending positive thoughts up to the cosmos - it's been working recently!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So beautiful seeing all the patterns and colors together! Happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great patterns and colours. Happy PPF, Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the chevrons too. I can see the repetitive and precise process of making them would end up being meditative in a way. Gorgeous colors and textures in the patterns of the paper. Happy PPF

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay for your maps and chevron patterns!
    Love your precision and paper combinations!
    ♥♥♥
    Happy PPF!!
    Mary
    Mixed-Media Map Art

    ReplyDelete
  9. The detail and richness of color in your work is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your thoughts, Sadee. What a great message... "just do the work". :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I often get up and finish something off or make notes or little sketches... sometimes I just can't slow my brain long enough to sleep... kind of like that though.... I am a big believer in just get the pencils out and start having a play and things will sort themselves if I start to worry about my work... a cup of tea also helps... no surprises there right...xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the work- craftsmanship- 3dimensionality! Worry is a bane i seek to eradicate as much as possible :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I can't wait to see it ! Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What fun you are having.. .. you have marvelous pieces to work with. Blessings, Janet PPF

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am so happy to have stumbled upon your blog this morning. Your images and words are beautiful and full of grace. In response to your question, when I start to worry my heart often tells me to write. When I put my worries and fears on paper they become much more managable. Writing helps me gain clarity and peace.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Awesome details and colors, just awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Coming along in a very pretty way! HPPF !

    ReplyDelete
  18. Working on something this beautiful would get me out of a warm bed too!

    ReplyDelete
  19. 'just do the work'... That is so beautiful, inspiring and uplifting!

    I think there has been too much noise in my head, lately, to really hear what my heart whispers to me... So I think I need to clear some mental clutter by slowly letting it shift. I need to tell mySELF to 'just do the work' - the soul work, the writing, the painting, the reading, the breathing - whatever I need in the moment - and I started doing that this morning!

    I love how your soul responds with what you need - you know it from the flow, that comes from listening, the joy... I'm taking a leaf out of your book and will continue 'doing' till the flow catches on :) Backwards, perhaps, but if it works - who cares? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Often, it reminds me of past worries that turned out to be nothing. Contemplating the beauty in this moment also helps.
    Catherine Denton

    ReplyDelete
  21. ok wowwwww that is just so pretty and amazing! gotta love watercolor.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for being kind with your words and generous with your time!