10.03.2012

Yellow Stripes and I'm off to Italy!

feathers detail Playing around with my Etsy Packaging

I am a terrible planner. Or maybe it's just that I've been having so much fun finishing up these feathers and playing around with other yellow stripes (for a possible new logo for my Etsy packaging). No, really it's that I'm a terrible planner and an even worse packer, even though I've been planning this trip since February! My train leaves for the airport in 6 hours and I still have to sleep before then. :) But everything is ready to go, even if it was accomplished at the last minute. And I probably won't sleep much anyway because I'm too excited for my trip to Abruzzo, Italy and the SQUAM Art Workshop with Flora Bowley!

Just wanted to check in while I drink my cup of Sleepytime tea (even though my sweet husband is reminding me that it's waaay past my bedtime) and let you all know that I won't be home until Sunday. I have a list of emails and messages that I wanted to return before I left and blog comments that I wanted to answer, but I guess I'll be in touch again next week--my time in Italy will be completely unplugged!

Have a great week/weekend, friends. Can't wait to share stories from Italy with you when I come home!

10 comments:

  1. How exciting! No wonder you can't sleep! Enjoy your workshop with Flora and the beautiful Italy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOOH enjoy enjoy- I loved seeing Italy- my son lived there for a few years- so we went twice. You are going to have so many wonderful things to paint afterwards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness... how exciting!! I can only imagine how much fun you will have. Can not wait to hear and see *all* about it when you get back! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a wonderful and safe trip. Hope to hear about your grand adventures and experiences. Blessings to you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What fun! I'm jealous. : ) I took Flora's ecourse this summer, and it changed the way I paint and think about a lot of things. Have a wonderful trip. Italy, really?! Oh, my, that is too much fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome! Have a great time and enjoy the creative fun. Can't wait to hear about it.

    Chandra

    ReplyDelete
  7. have a magnificent trip and wallow in all of that sweet goodness:)
    -Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, that sounds like an amazing workshop - I will definitely be checking back in to hear all about it! Love your gorgeous illustrations and I have to say, I'm SO in love with your business name...A Picture Book Life. It's perfect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jodi! My art retreat was wonderful, but I'll have to share about it only a little at a time because it's a lot of "wonderful" to process :).

      I appreciate your encouragement about my business name too--sometimes I wonder if I made up my mind a bit too quickly about something so important! Today I added a sub-title to my blog header to try and express that "picturebook life" doesn't mean "picture-perfect life," but more like finding joy and beauty in living even when times are tough.

      Delete

Thank you for being kind with your words and generous with your time!