10.19.2012

A Blessed Friend

A Blessed Friend Red Heart in Progress8

Blessed Friend crown close

A Blessed Friend... 

...has helpful, healing hands that lovingly hold together the pieces of broken hearts.

...builds wings of strength and courage, speaking grace and Truth into the lives of others.

...cultivates a light, sharing heart that soars with freedom and is crowned with wisdom.

...is a sparkling beacon of joy that elevates the mundane and makes the "everyday" extraordinary!


I posted lots of gorgeous, detail pics of this piece in this post at the end of July--it was a commission for one of my dearest friends' new baby girl, whose name means "A blessed friend." Above are the things I was meditating on as I created this painting--a prayer for this precious little girl to grow into her name and a prayer for all of us to find that our hearts have wings when we can let go of striving for perfection and settle into a Blessed Friend's arms of grace. (Thanks, Amie, for letting me share it here!)

And the reason I'm finally sharing the finished piece with you now because it finally reached my dear friend in the mail! I had complete peace that the package would reach its destination without a hitch, but still, it's a little nerve-wracking to mail an original in general, and especially nerve-wracking because this one was extra-special and an international shipment. A-h-h-h-h-h-h-h. That's me, sighing relief. :) And pssst---prints are listed in my shop here!

What about you? What are the amazing characteristics of your most special, blessed friends? I'd love for you to share in the comments!


Linking with Studio JRU and Paint Party Friday.

23 comments:

  1. This is incredibly beautiful...what a special gift that will be treasured forever.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sherri! Yes, my friend loves it and says she can't wait to someday explain to her daughter how she has special art that was created just for her. :) I love my job!

      Delete
  2. A wonderful gift to give your friend. Loving all those wonderful leaves, it looks as if they have been layered on. Truly special. Happy PPF, Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful work! More than 2 months en route! I can understand you were getting nervous. Good thing it did arrive safely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing creation and delightful post ~ (A Creative Harbor)

    Friends are blessed with uniqueness and yet similar to us all ~ ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so beautiful. I love the detail work. Wow! 'Glad that it arrived safely to its new owner.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow the intricacy and detail are just gorgeous. Wonderful work, I know your client is thrilled! Happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a beauty. It is easy to tell that this one was very special to you as you created it. The detail and the love really show through. Glad it arrived safely. Happy PPF

    ReplyDelete
  8. the detail on this is amazing! what a wonderful custom gift!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love all the details on this piece! Isn't it thrilling when it all comes together well? Commissions are such a trauma for me still. I'm doing one now and it's been two months and the lady is already asking how it's going! Happy for you that it reached it's destination safely. Patsy from
    HeARTworks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean, Patsy. I used to do a lot of commissioned portraits, and that was so nervewracking that I've mostly given it up! I'd rather paint for me, you know? But this friend has commissioned me four times in the last 5 years, and everytime I painted something for her it became the new "best" painting I'd ever done! Friends like that are special, don't you think? The ones who believe in you and inspire you so that you're just free to "be" or to "create" without any pressure or expectations. :)

      Delete
  10. Some amazing characteristics of my most special, blessed friends are that they are compassionate and share in my joys and are interested in my passions!

    Love seeing this finished piece!
    It's beautiful!
    ♥♥♥
    Happy PPF!!
    Mary
    Mixed-Media Map Art

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. People who share in your passions! That is a MUST in a good friend, isn't it!?

      Delete
  11. I am blessed with many special friends... and all of them laugh with me... and at me at times... but more often than not I deserve it... and they let me laugh with/ at them too ... all that counts really ...xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so right, Tracey--laughter is important in my friendships too!

      Delete
  12. This is so beautiful and has so much detail work in it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Truly a Lovely detailed work and treasure for a dear friend. Gorgeous!


    Annabelle m^._.^m ~^..^~ /(..)\

    ReplyDelete
  14. So beautiful! And the sentiment behind it really struck a chord. I had dinner last night with just such a friend. Happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete
  15. There are so many levels and layers here to appreciate...I love the background was my first thought, and then I saw that I liked everything else that followed . I think you covered all attributes in what I hope I am as a true friend.
    And just as a good human being.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is just stunning, Sadee. What a beautiful piece of art for this precious girl. I love that her name means 'a blessed friend'... that is so wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is absolutely beautiful!!!! I keep scrolling up to look at it again - you are really talented!

    with love to you!

    ReplyDelete
  18. So gorgeous, Sadee! And so worth the wait to see it. :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for being kind with your words and generous with your time!