8.03.2012

Sketchbook Peek

sketchbook peek2

sketchbook peek

Technically, I don't think I even picked up a paintbrush this week, but I've been dreaming in my sketchbook! If you were to thumb through it, you would probably find more scribbled handwriting than beautiful drawings. I tend to write more about my ideas than to sketch them. But I do like to make little thumbnail images and grids--so small, but "so much sunshine (or joy!) to the square inch!" (Walt Whitman).

When I start to work on my large sketches and detailed drawings, I like to map them out on a big sheet of transparent paper; that's why you won't find them in my sketchbook. I'm off to work on such a drawing at this very minute.

Linking up with Studio JRU and Paint Party. Happy sketching to you too!



9 comments:

  1. Lovely sketches...and a great new profile photo!
    Your photography of your artwork is always so professional!
    ♥♥♥
    Happy PPF!!
    Mary
    Mixed-Media Map Art

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so fun to sketch; looking good! Glad to be visiting from Studio JRU and have a fruitful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I sketch my ideas in my journal rather than writing though. It's easier for me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I tend to write down a lot of my ideas rather than sketch them as well... I find that that way i don't get hemmed in to ideas and they see to develop so much better in my brain than on paper if you know what i mean... and I love love love the new profile pic... look at your gorgeous face!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing your process!! Very organized planning!
    Happy ppf!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love hearing about your process, and can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am a lot like you, I write out my ideas rather than sketch them. Never really thought about that! lol Love the peek into your book! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. the book itself looks very artistic to me!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love how you inspire us to create...how you share a part of you and encourage and push us at the same time. Thanks, Sadee.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for being kind with your words and generous with your time!