7.27.2012

A Winged Heart for a Blessed Friend

Red Heart in Progress7

Red Heart in Progress8

Red Heart in Progress10Red Heart in Progress9

Finally finishing up my red patchwork winged heart! Drawing and painting the feathers took me a bit longer than expected, but I am really happy with them. Found some beautiful authentic papyrus paper at my favorite art store and realized today it was perfect for making the crown--papyrus makes me think of ancient scrolls, or wisdom. So a crown of wisdom it is! I think I like it...might need to sit with it for a couple of days.

My friend's baby girl was born almost three weeks ago and her name means "Blessed Friend." I'm so ready to get this in the mail to her, but I find it difficult to let go when I'm working on custom paintings (or any gift, package, or letter for that matter) for people I love--it's like I want to squeeze all the love and thoughtfulness into it that I can, to make it absolutely perfect, to show how much I really care. And in the process I almost always end up being late, or sometimes not ever sending the package or letter at all because my words feel so empty and it seems I just can't do enough to truly show my heart! 

But this is not the truth, I know. I'm working on the dreams of simplicity, sincerity and consistency--to truly believe and rest in the extravagant love of God (instead of always feeling that I must earn His love) and just let that light shine easily and flow supernaturally through me (instead of always feeling guilty that I'm not doing enough to communicate my heart). Because "I don't have time to maintain these regrets when I think about the way He LOVES us" (a line from this song, a recent favorite that I listen to about ten times a day :) I wish you could see the way my little girls twirl around and around with their arms outstretched everytime they hear this). 

I am beloved. YOU are beloved!  The One who knit our hearts together in the very beginning is the same One who we can trust to puzzle the broken pieces back together again, and even more than that, to fit our hearts with their very own set of wings.

18 comments:

  1. Gosh, the detail in this is breathtaking!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love to do detail, but I've got be in just the right mood!

      Delete
  2. I'm seriously excited to find your blog! It's just beautiful, and this post reminds me of all the reasons why we should treasure handmade items. The manufactured stuff just can't hold the same love. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful (as always) - I love the idea of the papyrus = ancient wisdom...blessings on your week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is going to be treasured and i think I would have a hard time letting it go also... just gorgeous and a wonderful post... it resonated with me today...xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful and will be cherished! Yes we should all know how loved we are! The world will be a much better place! Patsy from
    HeARTworks and
    papemelroti

    ReplyDelete
  6. She will love how beautiful this detailed piece is!! Blessing to her on her new one!!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing creation with such wonderful detail and style ~~ thanks, namaste, (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful give - it will become a treasure for this young girl!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This piece is amazing. What a special and treasured gift it will be. I understand wanting to communicate our heart in the best and biggest way we can. Totally understand! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. what a beautiful piece! the wings are very evocative

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love that line too. Such amazing grace in there. Beautiful work. My husband and I have developed the habit of putting on the IHOP prayer room stream whenever we are worrying about something - it makes it so much easier to turn our worries over to the One who holds all things when we're worshiping with someone else.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful work. i love the deetails in the feathers. i am sure your friend will treasure this.

    ReplyDelete
  13. My gosh, those feathers look amazing. I am sure this will be treasured. Love the patchwork heart as well.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is a beautiful piece!

    And what a lovely name meaning!

    And, oh Sadee, you impacted my heart with these words today, "...and just let that light shine easily and flow supernaturally through me (instead of always feeling guilty that I'm not doing enough to communicate my heart)."

    I've felt that way lately. This world is so in need of Him and I so often feel that I am never doing enough to communicate it to others. Yet, it is by grace that I've been saved through faith and not of works. I may not boast, but instead rejoice in Him and His love. I pray that the light will shine easily and flow supernaturally through me too.

    ReplyDelete
  15. So beautiful! Beautiful work...beautiful words! She will LOVE it. And...I hold tight to that last little paragraph you wrote. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love this so freaking much it makes me crazy! and you have a new pic!!! :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for being kind with your words and generous with your time!