6.22.2012

piecing it all together

blue papers

Red Heart in Progress5

Red Heart in Progress4

I feel myself more and more drawn to collage, it is speaking to me, this combination of various, seemingly random elements into a cohesive whole. Maybe it's because collage is kind of like life in this way--it's the hope that all of the incongruous pieces and even the messy bits will all come together to make something beautiful. And it's interesting that several readers have commented on how my new patchwork creations are reminiscent of fabric and quilting. When Jennifer wished me a wonderful blessing last week--that comfort would wrap around my heart "like a warm quilt"--I had an "ah ha!" moment. My new work is all about comfort and to me there's nothing more comfortable than a quilt! Quilts are some of my very favorite things and I love that they have found their way (somewhat unconsciously) into my work.

Whenever I'm struggling or feeling down, the restful colors of blue always comfort me too. Well, really, blues are like "home" no matter how I'm feeling. They just make me happy. I've been putting together a collection of blue papers for my next piece--can't wait to start cutting these up and see what emerges!

The red heart is almost finished--just the detail work of the wings left to go. I've been savoring this winged-heart piece, not feeling rushed at all. I think its message is something my soul needs to soak up at the moment. Thank you all for your sweet comments last week--the wishes for comfort and wings for my own heart! I have stories to share soon; sometimes a little quiet is in order, but I've really been missing this space and I'm working on a plan to get back on track and blogging again regularly!

Happy Weekend and Big, Grateful Hugs from Hamburg,

Sadee

Linking up with Studio JRU Paint Party

23 comments:

  1. Blue comforts me as well, there's just something soothing about the color. i think whatever emerges from this will be beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Collage is such fun. I love the blues you have pulled together. The heart piece is beautiful. Happy PPF

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely beautiful...both your words and your work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this line: "it's the hope that all of the incongruous pieces and even the messy bits will all come together to make something beautiful." Such a line full of hope for redemption:-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. lovely to see the progress, i love the way the textures shine through the wings...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you are feeling better, Sadee. I understand about the quiet. Sometimes I like to just be quiet and sit with what He is teaching me so I can really write it on my heart before I rush on to the next thing :)

    I, too, am drawn to collage. I love your thoughts about all the pieces and messy bits coming together to make something beautiful. So true!

    You will show us your finished piece, won't you???

    ReplyDelete
  7. looking forward... to more; love what you have going on; so agree with what you're thinking about collage.... and Quiet is good-very good.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty! I think it's difficult to merge so many elements successfully, but yours work together so well.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So beautiful. I LOVE blue.. I have it as an accent throughout my home. Main color in my bedroom n bath. Can't get enough of it. I had forgotten to take photos of my art from last week. Don't thinkminhave the energy to upload edit and post to link up. Maybe in a week or two we will have figured out how to do our new reality. At the present time it's just muddling along. One foot in front of the other. Such beautiful comfort in your words. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so drawn to collage, too!
    Your red heart work is amazing!!
    ♥♥♥
    Happy PPF!!
    Mary
    Mixed-Media Map Art

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely start with your collage ~ looking forward to seeing more ~~thanks, ^_^ (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just keeps getting prettier and prettier!!!! HPPF!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks very beautiful! And the collection of blue looks very pretty and intriguing...

    ReplyDelete
  14. your patchwork piece looks beautiful. i love it. we were once asked to bring something to a retreat to represent ourselves. i brought a quilt because i do think my life is like a quilt, bright and dark colors combined. happy PPF and thank you for sharing,
    hugs, peggy aplSEEDS

    ReplyDelete
  15. This piece is looking so beautiful! I have been coming back to some 'quilt like' patterns in my art lately. It has been years since I did a lot of patterns like that and I am enjoying doing it again. It is a comfort thing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your feathers are lovely--the shading really adds to the depth of them!

    I love collage, too. I think it's at the root of all I do--I especially love the written word in the background--I feel like it adds mystery.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love that you had an 'aha' moment. Sometimes we do not know our unconscious but it tends to come out in our art. So glad a lot of us mentioned the quilt connection. Blessings, Janet PPF

    ReplyDelete
  18. ♥♥♥
    love your heart

    love and light

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your 'heart' is simply adorable and the texture of the leaves is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow! Gorgeous work! Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. oh i love the blues too...AND collages! What a beautiful piece of work this is.
    i so understand what you mean about blogging regularly. About how when i don't blog regularly, i don't make art regularly. Blogging keeps me committed. Yes, keep making and sharing. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  22. oh yes yes yes...this is fab! and so comforting!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful piece!! Green is my comfort color!!It's not my favorite color, just my comfort color!! Very thought provoking post!!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for being kind with your words and generous with your time!