6.15.2012

Another Sneaky Sneak Peek

Red Heart in Progress2

Last week I posted a really sneaky sneak peek of this piece, so this week I thought I'd let you all see a bit more. I wasn't trying to be mean, I promise! :) This is a commissioned piece and new-baby gift for one of my best friends, so I just don't want to give too much away yet! 

Read heart sketch overlay3

I began sketching wings for the heart on transparent paper. That way I can still see the background, which helps me make decisions in how I design the painting and drawing that will go on top of the collage base.

Read heart sketch overlay2

See that funny face? It's not actually part of the design! My three-year-old was "helping" me and added that sweet little detail all by herself.

black and white background3

The stripes are painting and collage. At the moment they seem to clash a bit with the patchwork heart, but they will be mostly painted over as I fill in the wings, with just a bit of the pattern peeking through.

Read heart sketch overlay

It's been a rough week and I'm feeling a bit tender, but how can I help but to smile--with such a cheerful project on my desk, thinking about my friend and her soon-to-be-born baby girl, and looking at my daughter's funny doodle! Life is good, it really is.

More soon, friends. Happy weekend to you!


Linking up with Studio JRU Paint Party

18 comments:

  1. It's looking sweet. I'm sure that you friend will love it. Hoping for some wings for your tender heart this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love it when 'little kids help' LOL! Looks like a wonderful piece regardless!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm intrigued! The texture and patterns are really awesome.

    Also, I wandered over here from Studio JRU, and love your blog banner! Okay, off to read some of your older posts now...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful beginnings! Love the color and softness I'm seeing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving your work in progress, look forward to seeing it completed. Happy PPF, Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looking lovely!
    Love the painted and collaged stripes!! :)
    ♥♥♥
    Happy PPF!!
    Mary
    Mixed-Media Map Art

    ReplyDelete
  7. Life is pretty good, but sometimes it can be a bit of a struggle to see it... little scribbles and doodles from your daughter help I am sure... I have a box of bits and pieces that Phantom has done over the years and it never fails to cheer me up... have a better week this week...xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a joy to see that little face smiling back at you and the knowledge of the little artist who put it there...I like the stripes and am looking forward to seeing the finished piece...and may the Spirit give your tender heart wings to fly up and see the beauty He sees coming forth from this time of stretching and growing...

    Blessings ...

    ReplyDelete
  9. love to see how you work...& the happy face your child added, hope you have a blessed weekend..

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the patchwork heart. I have a granddaughter due in a couple of weeks. Your gift for your friend is such a sweet offering.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love getting more peeks! Can't wait to see your finished project. I hope you're able to feel better over the weekend. And thanks for your sweet words on my blog.
    *hugs* Catherine Denton

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looking pretty and fun, so looking forward seeing it finished! Love the cute face your little one drew! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's always fun to follow someone's process of creation. I do love that your daughter added her 2 cents worth to the process! I hope the difficult parts of life smooth out as the art is completed.
    HpPF.

    ReplyDelete
  14. It is looking fantastic! Can not wait to see the finished piece. It is going to make a very special gift for a very special occasion! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love patchwork, Sadee, and that heart is wonderful. Like how you are using the transparent paper to judge placement - such a great idea! Praying for His comfort to wrap around you like a warm quilt, friend :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your friend is going to love it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is adorable. I love how you allowed your child to 'help' you. What a sweetheart and she always will be with a mom like you. The patchwork reminds me of a quilt, in fact, I thought it was fabric. I love this piece. Blessings, Janet PPF

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for being kind with your words and generous with your time!