4.27.2012

Strawberry-Banana-Pink Smoothie Color Inspiration

smoothie color inspiration 2
Mmmm, strawberry-banana smoothie. AND an unexpected color inspiration!
Treetop Birdie Sneak Peek
Adding a little birdie to "Sitting in a Treetop"--almost finished!
Robin's Egg Blue Waves
Lovely combination of blue papers
Smoothie Color Inspiration
Hmmm, this color combination makes me want to add some chocolate to my smoothie tomorrow morning!
Robin's Egg Blue and Chocolate Waves
Fun, chocolate brown and deliciously textured background
It's been one of those weeks where I'm not sure where the time went or even what we did with it, but I know that we enjoyed it! I was hoping to have this piece finished to show you today, but I got distracted and started something new instead. "Sitting in a Treetop" is almost finished--that sweet little birdie is a sneak peek of the finishing touch I was working on when I ran our of daylight.

In other news, we finally have a blender again (we moved here to Germany 18 months ago and are still working on re-stocking our basic household items!) so I made a lot of smoothies this week. Expect to see a bit of strawberry-banana-inspired color inspiration in this new "waves" piece!

 Happy weekend, friends! Linking up with Studio JRUPaint Party

17 comments:

  1. Looking forward to seeing this complete, such fab colours. Happy PPF, Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  2. yummy colours all around Sadee
    have a wonderful weekend
    and enjoy your new blender!!!

    love and light

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is an awesome colour... think I would be inspired to... enjoy your blender!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing WIP, looking forward to seeing it finished! Congrats on the new blender, I love smoothies, too! <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun post!! How did you live without a blender so long?..and where does the week go? Great inspiration.....looks good so far!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks like a beautiful piece of art work - I hope you'll post the finished product. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE LOVE LOVE it-you are after my own heart, I love layers, texures and color! will definetly come back

    ReplyDelete
  8. The layers and colors you used in this post are great, but I have to say that my favorite is your blog header!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely combinations! Your work is such a joy.
    Wish I had a strawberry smoothie right now though. :)
    ♥♥♥
    Happy PPF!!
    Mary
    Mixed-Media Map Art

    ReplyDelete
  10. Another fun project. Yes, that smoothie looks good enough to drink AND use in your art piece. Sweet week. HPPF.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Sadie... your papers are just so gorgeous. That strawberry smoothy looked pretty damn good too. :-)
    i love the photos your take of your work. The closeups really give a good idea of the textures. Just beautiful. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ok... that is one delicious inspiration! Love it! Some gorgeous peeks here. Can not wait to see the finished pieces! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Amazing bird...love how you have constructed him:)
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. I almost skipped PPF this week because I was so busy, but then I remembered your amazing WIP from last week and was afraid I'd miss the finished piece. Your work is really so wonderful. 'Love your new piece that you've started here I especially love how you cut shapes for your collage, and the variety of interesting textures and colors you use. I seem to be more of a rip and tear kind of gal myself -- so impatient, I guess. Enjoy your blender!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Every time I see one of your collages, I am just sick about that pile of yellowed old school paper that I chucked in the recycling bin. I just love what you do with paper.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love this color so much! I think it's awesome when inspiration comes from everyday things. Now I want a smoothie...
    Catherine Denton

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you for reminding me that we can mix patterns and colors. You are extremely inspiring and hope I can find where you posted the finished piece. Just beautiful! :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for being kind with your words and generous with your time!