3.30.2012

Sneak Peek: Fluffy Cloud-Trees

trees in progress

trees in progress3

trees in progress5

trees in progress2

trees in progress4

A new collage in progress! Fun, fluffy trees that echo the clouds in my first two pieces (here and here) in this series. I had them all laid out together today, trying to decide on the background color for the new piece.    I'm thinking pink, maybe?  There's going to be a cupcake perched on the top of the tree--it will represent the "song" of the bird.  Silly and sweet, no?  Pink always goes with cupcakes, and it might be a nice play-off on the pink-edged clouds and polka dots in "Let it Pour." What do you think?

Keeping this short--I'm spending the evening at the Etsy "Get Found" Symposium (virtually, of course!). I've also done some work on my blog header and Etsy shop banner and photos. Did you notice?!  I want to focus in on my theme of  "beauty emerging from life's grunge and grime," to make it my "brand." And lately I'm crazy about my coffee-stained paper technique--I think it's becoming a bit of my "signature."  I need to sit with it for a few days, but I think I love it!

Happy weekend!




Linking up with Studio JRU, Paint Party

21 comments:

  1. Wow! Those clouds are awesome! Yes, I love your coffee stained technique. It really adds so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! This is going to be awesome! Pink sounds perfect to me, it does always go with cupcakes ;) Love, love the fluffy tree parts. Kudos to you for working so hard on your shop and defining a brand, I think it is looking fantastic and will be sure to pay off! Happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sadee you are agreat artist. I love your work and thank you so much for your german words on my Blog! Nächste Woche fliegen wir auch nach Hamburg und ich hoffe das Wetter wird nicht so düster und trist! Wir möchten ein schönes Ostern haben ;-) Liebe Grüsse, Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh Sadee!!! How fun! I LOVE this. I wish I knew how to do all these talented things you show.
    I forgot to post the painting and notecards I made. I only posted wedding stuff. its been fun too but not as creative. plus right now I SHOULD be working on getting stuff together to work at special olympics tomorrow. yet Im reading blogs..... have a blessed weekend and learn alot at that workshop.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh oh oh
    Sadee that is so whimsical...full of magic
    can't wait to see the finished creation

    have yourself a wonderful weekend too

    love and light

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful piece and blog! I love it here - thank you for sharing, xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great WIP. Happy PPF and enjoy the weekend, Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the tree with the leaf print. Looks great. How was the virtual symposium?

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are certainly on the right track - I loved your old blog header, but I really do see your "brand" coming together with the new one and the "story"...the coffee stained look is great...Blessings on your journey forward!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Sadee, love the new header...and your collage is gorgeous...I love pink so Yay for PINK.... it's happy colour. I need to find time to watch the symposium... hopefully this weekend sometime... :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks so pretty, love the colors! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello Sadee, how wonderful to come upon you here at PPF. I love your style and world, all such fun. Your cloud piece is looking great, so happy to have found you here!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I always enjoy seeing your collages and photographs!
    I think your mixed-media work is brilliant!
    ♥♥♥
    Happy PPF!!
    Mary
    Mixed-Media Map Art

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is going to be so pretty! Love the idea of a pink cupcake! Love the fluffy tree tops! That sounds like a great class to listen to on Etsy... is there a way to still hear it?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Looks like fun and very cleverly done!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your cloud work is great - can't wait to see the pink! These are looking wonderful so far.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love your coffee stained art, and this new direction you are finding. Hope you get some good info at the seminar.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I did notice and I LOVE it! But I love everything you do. You have a style that just calls to me. Can't wait to see what else comes of your pink background, tree and cupcake painting!
    Catherine Denton

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Sadee,
    Luv your header and that coffee technique is perfect for depicting clouds, really nice work here.

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is a very nice technique that gives much relief Sadee!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for being kind with your words and generous with your time!