3.26.2012

Monday's Measure: The Learning Curve

Leap Learn framed

Family tree framed

Share your heart Coral framed

I wanted to cheat and say that the thing I was thankful for today was the sun, *again.* Because I am thankful for the sun, again. I've been working a little at a time, updating some of my Etsy shop photos, trying to get some actual product photos--you know, photos that show the way my art would look framed and in a home environment. And BEHOLD! The sun is cooperating! Yay!

But what I'm really thankful for today are those occasional moments when I catch a brief glimpse of my art, my skills--my heart--changing and growing. It's like it surprises me sometimes that I'm actually making some progress and I think, "Well gee! I think I just might be getting kind of good at this!"  These are just simple cheap frames and I'm no photographer by any means; no Photoshop expert either. But all that trial and error, learning a little here and a little there--it has to pay off at some point, right?!

I'm especially happy with these photos considering the fact that the majority of the time I was taking them there was at least one little girl wrapping herself around my knees like a monkey and the other one calling for help with her puzzle in-between clicks. (I had to sift through lots of blurry shots!)

This is my life, and I love it (well, most of the time)!  The learning curve; it builds character, gives you something to work with, makes life more interesting. It would be boring if everything came easy! Like my sunny yellow, patchwork heart says, "Leap, Learn and Laugh, Laugh, LAUGH!"



             "If freckles were lovely, and day was night,
             And measles were nice and a lie warn't a lie,
                       Life would be delight,--
                       But things couldn't go right
                       For in such a sad plight
             I wouldn't be I.


             If earth was heaven and now was hence,
             And past was present, and false was true,
                       There might be some sense
                       But I'd be in suspense
                       For on such a pretense
             You wouldn't be you.


             If fear was plucky, and globes were square,
             And dirt was cleanly and tears were glee
                       Things would seem fair,--
                       Yet they'd all despair,
                       For if here was there
             We wouldn't be we."


                               --e.e. cummings

6 comments:

  1. love this poem.
    Been thinking of you a lot.
    Ive been in the same place. Pulling out art and seeing the progress made over the years, taking leaps of faith.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, love every thing about this post!

    Your art is amazing!!

    Hugs,
    Kay

    ReplyDelete
  3. your art is so beautiful...whimsical
    makes me feel like I am walking into a fairy tale

    love this:
    This is my life, and I love it (well, most of the time)! The learning curve; it builds character, gives you something to work with, makes life more interesting. It would be boring if everything came easy! Like my sunny yellow, patchwork heart says, "Leap, Learn and Laugh, Laugh, LAUGH!"

    so so true

    keep shining Sadee

    love and light

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sadee, your pictures are just amazing - they look real pro!! And I just love that top piece - fabulous! I of course just had to smile at your sweet description of your little girls around you when you were taking the shots - sounds just like the cats around me when I sit with my watercolors and brushes, lol! Hoping you are well with your life in Germany... I think of you often!
    Love from Joan
    - thanks so much for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Magnificent work Sadee. I love the emphasis on drawing in your work. Love the woven heart.
    Happy Creating.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for being kind with your words and generous with your time!