3.05.2012

MONDAY'S MEASURE: a Creative Weekend

My last post was a little "WAAH-waah."  I've been down in the dumps and felt like I needed to be honest about it.  Thanks for bearing with me and leaving such encouraging comments!  I'm so thankful for all of you friends who visit this space.

Clouds on desk

BUT I'm feeling much better.  Ecstatic, actually.  I mean, just look at that worktable!!!  Isn't it delicious?  Over the past year in the life of this blog, I've often used Mondays as a day to focus on being grateful.  I haven't been very consistent, but I'd like to try again and post a weekly "Monday's Measure"--to give thanks, start the week on a positive note and pray that the rest of the week will "measure up."

"Give, and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over, will be poured into your lap. For with the measure you use, it will be measured to you" (Luke 6:38 NIV).

Clouds and waves

I spent almost the entire weekend painting and drawing and cutting and pasting--and I almost have a finished piece!  (Check back on Friday for another peek!)  I created this collage while thinking about how hope can thrive even during the storms of life.  Which is something I'm praying for the Midwest and the South right now after the terrible tornado destruction of the weekend.

"I am convinced that nothing can ever separate us from God's love. Neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither our fears for today nor our worries about tomorrow--not even the powers of hell can separate us from God's love" (Romans 8:38 NLT).


Wishing you an overflowing measure of Love and Thanks this Monday!




11 comments:

  1. Its looking good Sadee, will pop back Friday as am sure it will be fab. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Sarah, It is so good to see your blogs coming again. We are glad to hear you are feeling better. Being homesick is not a fun thing to go through, actually it is horrible. Dad and I have been keeping you in our prayers. We are having our Revival at church it is so awesome. It is "The Real Remodel" it is so good. We had the same speaker last year. He is an awesome speaker. I will download all the messages and send them to you. I know you will really enjoy them. Your blogs flow right into what we are hearing at church. I never realized until now how much your blogs really spoke to my heart until you were not writing. It is like Our Lord speaks to me through your words. I will be anxious to see what you have for Friday.
    We Love You
    Dad and Kate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like the end result is going to be beautiful! I look forward to seeing it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. mmmm.... cant wait to see it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am happy that you feel better!! IhHave the same feelings you described in your last post. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sadee,

    Glad you are doing better. This piece looks like it's going to be great!

    Hugs,
    Kay

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stopping by from Ann's blog, and glad to 'find' you. Looking forward to some artsy-inspiration! Many blessings from the other side o'the world.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay... happy to hear you had an entire happy weekend of creating! Can not wait to see this new piece! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Don't you just love creative weekends like that.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can't wait to see it! I try to challenge myself to stay in a thankful attitude. Love this post and the reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So glad to see your work table full and to hear you had a great weekend. I hope this one will also be full of joy!
    Catherine Denton

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for being kind with your words and generous with your time!