1.20.2012

Winged Hopes for the Heart in 2012!

yellow heart wings detail

yellow heart wings detail

yellow heart wings

yellow heart wings detail

1. To LEAP! with courage and joy--welcome new opportunities without even an inkling of fear.
2. To LEARN from the times I leap and then fall on my face--and still trust enough to be happy that I took the risk in the first place and to be ready to leap again at the next opportunity.
3. To LAUGH...
4. LAUGH...
5. and LAUGH some more...truly to open my heart to lighthearted joy--both in the leaping and in the learning. (Not sure if the little "laugh" butterflies will stay or if I need to come up with something else. What do you think?)

Laugh is my word for this "Leap" year--I had a feeling it was being revealed as such when I first started sketching this illustration. I got to work finishing the wings one night this week when I was feeling a little down, and I knew I needed some encouragement--I wanted to be sure that I really was hearing this Word. Without revealing anything I was thinking, I asked Tobias to read me a Psalm, and this is the one he "randomly" opened up to and read:

"On your feet now--applaud God! 
Bring a gift of laughter, 
sing yourselves into his presence...
For God is sheer beauty, 
all-generous in love, 
loyal always and ever" 
(Psalm 100:1,5 The Message).


He wants my heart--and yours, friend--to SOAR!



***Linking with Studio Sneak Peek and Paint Party!

29 comments:

  1. lovely whimsical painting! Beautiful wings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. my gosh, this is so lovely. Wow, I'm inspired. Love it.
    Best,
    Jenn from www.justaddwatersilly.com, hopping from in the studio

    (Newest follower!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your artstyle ~ colors, design ~ Wonderful! ~ namaste, carol (Share the Creative Journey) and (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh I love this Sadee..... I havent been painting. Just knitting and trying to keep my head above water. I am choosing grace again this year. It took me well over six months last year to really let it start sinking in. I want to accept enough for myself that it overflows for others. hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome, Sadee. I love the Psalm. Your art work is beautiful. Often what we put down first is the best. I think I'd leave the tiny butterflies as they are. I love all the detail work in this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is just beautiful and I love that line work... your skills are amazing... have a great creative week ... happy ppf xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! ! I love your words, the vibrant colors, drawing and overall composition. Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic! The way you have used color to draw the eye to the heart - the way the wings make such a statement in pencil. Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I haven't "painted" my word yet and January is almost ending! Your heart is beautiful and I love the colors! When you paint your word, it embeds itself in your heart! Greetings from the Philippines! Patsy.paterno (at) gmail.com from
    HeARTworks

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, how I love how God confirmed His word for you! And I like the way those feathers are turning out - this entire piece will be such a cheery reminder all year long! Blessings on the work of your hands!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your projects. They are always so original! This one is gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This piece is truly wonderful. It's really inspiring to look at your work.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I adore your art! So wonderful!
    Signed up to follow your blog just now, too! :)
    Don't want to miss a thing!
    ♥♥♥
    Happy PPF!!
    Mary
    Mixed-Media Map Art

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sarah, What beautiful words you have put on paper. So encouraging and inspiring the love that is written here. God speaks to your heart and He gives you the talent to express it in your writing and drawing to share with all of us. So beautiful. Thank you for sharing your love with us. Love you Sarah. Love Kate

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is so gorgeous! Love the heart and all those feathers! And I love your word (and goals) for the year. Perfect.

    Happy PPF!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the detail in the feathers! Such a soft flowing motion! Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Laughing is such a great and wonderful thing!!! It can build so many bridges and get people together. I applaud you on this word - and your beautiful butterfly.

    ReplyDelete
  18. oh those wings are a perfect addition!!! Wonderful!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. oh my goodness...you have made me fall in love with yellow ...i love your feathers...beautiful work...xxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love this, Sadee, the wings, the yellow and that you listed laugh as 3 AND 4! I really like everything about this design. It just makes me smile :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow this is gorgeous Sadee! I love the wings. I love the colors of the heart. What a great way to explore your word of the year. And how wonderful that you received that great message about laughter! Love it when things like that happen! :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Laugh (and Leap!) is a great word and this is such an amazing and beautiful piece - you're making good progress!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Lovely illustration and post, beautiful colors and great word! Awesome message, I love laughing, too!

    ReplyDelete
  24. So beautiful! Wonderful post too. I always love reading. :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wow, Sadee, what an awesome wonderfully inspiring post and GORGEOUS painting, I LOVE it!!!Thanks for the uplift and giggles!!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. FABULOUS piece. You are gifted!
    Belated Happy PPF wishes!
    Sheri Cook/HappyHorseStudio

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for being kind with your words and generous with your time!