12.26.2011

Golden Christmas Light

candlelight in window2

lights

candlelight in window

candlelight in window3

star on tree

Penny

advent wreath

lights and curtains1

after dinner

cinnamon candles

lights and curtains

"The people walking in darkness
have seen a great light;
on those living in the land of deep darkness
a light has dawned."

--Isaiah 9:2

Spent Christmas in Berlin with my husband's family. Fell in love with the light and all the little details of the day.

And fell even deeper in love with my husband, who gifted me with an amazing new camera lens that was actually able to capture the warmth and glow of it all--exactly as it was reflected in my eyes and my heart.

Oh, and that wasn't the only trick up his sleeve. Don't know how he did it (I think he had some help from my brother-in-law), but today I'm resizing photos in Photoshop CS5!  You're a wonderful, wonderful man, Tobias Schilling.

Merry Second Christmas Day from Germany--much love to you and yours!



8 comments:

  1. What a wonderful Christmas you have had, captured so beautifully with your new lens too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful inspiring photos! I'm leaving the computer as soon as I finish this comment to see what my 50 will do with a couple of the ornaments on our tree backed by a light from the string. Thank you for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I miss the second Christmas Day... and whenever I see those windows like the ones you showed here I look at my windows here that make us heat the world but not our house, and take a deep sigh. Another world... I guess you miss a lot as well.
    Beautiful photos - you captured the light perfectly, and CS5 is just super!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm back again. Those are such beautiful pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful Photos!
    Merry Christmas and God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the photos...so happy your having a good time :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow... what a beautiful Christmas! How fun to get a new lens! What did you get?? :) The photos are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Belated Merry Christmas! Your photos are stunning.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for being kind with your words and generous with your time!