8.14.2011

Lately in my Neighborhood

tree w shack

Will you seek afar off?

ubahn ivy

you surely come back at last,

red berries

In things best known to you, finding the best, or as good as the best,

Ponytail Girls on Swing

In folks nearest to you

Penny and Duck

finding the sweetest,

Daddy and Penny

strongest,

Ponytail Girls on Merry-go-Round

lovingest;

toadstools

Happiness, knowledge,

parking garage

Not in another place, but this place--

train station

not for another hour, but this hour . . .

--Walt Whitman, from Leaves of Grass


After my post last weekend, I was blessed with so many words of encouragement from my dear blogging friends!  My heart has been uplifted, and I'm carefully, consciously, and joyfully living in the moment this week--letting the past be the past, and leaving the future to take care of itself.  I'm finding that holding each moment lovingly in my hands is the best way to cling to contentment.  

In limiting our minds to appreciate the value of this moment without comparing it to past expectations or to dreams for the future, we can intentionally retrain our thinking patterns, ward off discontentment, and maybe even find that we can't stop smiling as our hearts are flooded with joy!

Finding happiness in "this place," in "this hour" . . . are you finding it too?  Have you "come back at last" from the worry of "seeking afar off?"


Joining Sunday Snapshot , Sundays in my City and The Creative Exchange for beautiful moments captured all around the world.

9 comments:

  1. hello! :) what a beautiful post and blog. great profile too! we are kindred spirits...i love poetry too (at least the ones i understand!) thank you for stopping by my blog and for your prayers. best wishes to you in all your endeavors, etsy and otherwise! :) jan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your pictures set to those words are breathtaking. Your sunny-haired daughters remind me of my own when they were small. :D Mushrooms are my weakness--seeing them in the yard, that is. I find them to be one of the most gorgeous things in life. Thank you for reminding me to take each moment and enjoy it's beauty. I'm loving reconnecting to you!
    My Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful reminder to live in the present.

    I love your header.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your girls are soooooo precious! That tire swing picture - - - awwwwwwww.

    Oh, and I LOVE your header.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love the pictures the words the beautiful spirit behind them. thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love the photos and the words.. walt whitman is a poet I read often. I loved everything about this post!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is so nice to meet you Sadee, and a very warm welcome to The Creative Exchange!! These are wonderful photographs, and beautiful words to go with them. Your little ones are just precious!

    Thank you so much for sharing these today.

    Have a wonderful day!

    lisa.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great words by Whitman to accompany your lovely photos! What adorable little girls you have!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely shots, thanks for your visit! I love to take portraits in all that ivy!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for being kind with your words and generous with your time!