8.25.2011

Creative Gypsy Fire


Today I am living this doodle print from Aimee Dolich of Artsyville, one of my new favorite artists!

I don't have school on Thursdays, so this afternoon I'm staring down a long to-do list, gulping my coffee and praying for even just a fraction of "supernatural" strength to get it all done!  And just as I settle in to dedicate the next hour of my girls' nap-time to the (somewhat tedious) task of slowly adding more listings to my newly re-opened Etsy shop (the "business" aspects of art--specifically pricing--are simply NOT fun) I hear an unfinished painting calling to me.

It's been three or four days since I splashed and swirled my watercolors.  I've been spending most of my free-time turning the apartment upside-down, trying to get organized for better cleanliness and efficiency (and hoping soon to share some photo peeks into my home-art-studio).

Now my drawing table is tempting me from it's new station directly in front of the big picture-window where I can see the dark clouds moving in while the trees dance in the cool wind, preparing their leaves to play the music that always happens under the percussion of raindrops . . .

"Business" will have to wait.  I think in this hour I simply MUST paint.

And I will look forward to tomorrow, when I'll share more progress on this painting and the inspiration behind it!



4 comments:

  1. you are so kind... thank you for this. can't wait to see what comes out of your paintbrush in this hour! and yay! etsy shop re-opened? must go see!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sadee, love Aimee's doodle. I popped over to the painting your working on....gorgeous. Settling in a new country is not easy. It does get easier...I have lots of French friends now and I also have some English friends that I met through a theatre group here. And I have lots of lovely blog friends who keep me going when I feel abit down... we feel what we feel and that's ok... I find comfort, peace, escape in art..... as I'm sure you do and your art is awesome... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, Catherine, you're right--art is comfort, peace and escape for me too! And I'm beginning to learn that blog friends can be a great comfort too. Thank you for your encouragement about adjusting to life in a new country. Today I'm exactly two months away from my one-year Germany anniversary! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You cutie. I think you are the kind of girl that needs to be in your paints every day! Like coffee and taking a walk, you dear one must paint!

    I love your new things, the etsy thing is a big job to set up isn't it? Make sure you charge enough in shipping, my losses are always in shipping to other countries (I don't charge enough).

    Can't wait to see your inspiration, it always speaks to me.

    xo
    Junelle

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for being kind with your words and generous with your time!